Why does my wife constantly bitch?
Why does my wife constantly bitch?

Why does my wife constantly bitch?

Married Couple Not HappySome people are chronically negative and that can be a serious drag, especially when you have to live with them; but most of the time there’s stuff going on there that has more to do with deep feelings of self contempt, depression disguised as hatred for everything and everyone in the world, and deeply rooted dissatisfaction with life in general. Understanding why your wife complains all the time isn’t going to make the complaining become more tolerable; but it might be a more effective start in helping her to work on the underlying issues than taking the approach of belittling her feelings and disrespecting her by labeling her complaining as “bitching”.

A wife who complains all the time is an unhappy wife. A husband who considers his wife’s complaining “bitching” tends to be an impatient or otherwise not supportive husband. When her husband is not supportive and makes her feel worse about her situation by treating her like she’s a nuisance and her feelings don’t matter to him and furthermore her talking about her feelings is annoying to him, a wife is obviously going to have more to complain about; and the more she complains the more annoyed her husband is going to become for as long as he maintains that attitude of not really caring to get to the bottom of what is making his wife complain all the time. In such a situation both parties would appear to lack productive and constructive communication skills. You both need to work at creating an environment where you can express yourselves in a manner that promotes understanding and that’s intended to make things better for both of you. Happy people don’t complain all the time so if your wife is complaining all the time the first thing you should realize is she’s unhappy. It’s not your responsibility to make her happy but her unhappiness is causing you discomfort, frustration and misery so it’s obviously not in your best interest to make the situation worse by coming across like you don’t give a damn and you find her annoying and wish she’d stop “bitching” all the time.

Image © Copyright 2010 CorbisCorporation

Rating: 5.7/10 (10 votes cast)
Rating: -3 (from 5 votes)
Why does my wife constantly bitch?, 5.7 out of 10 based on 10 ratings
0 6 8570 26 November, 2011 Marriage Itch November 26, 2011

Marriagescene.com writer, editor, content producer. Team Writer content may be written by one or more persons. All content should be considered to be for entertainment purposes only. No contributing Team Writer is a marriage or relationships expert. Nothing written by any contributing Team Writer should be taken for professional advice. All Team Writer contributions are the personal opinion of an unqualified individual.

View all articles by Team Writer

1. vivian

Hello,

Just came across reading this story sounded like me and my ex husband remembering those words ” bitching, complaining too much, your never happy”. Then he would get annoyed turn to others sources instead of dealing with me. Which our relationship was abusive to each other. We did never really take the time to look at our marriage a few couseling sessions, but we did ended up separated in 2008 i moved out and he cant couseling for a year due to his anger problem and now he takes things as flow. As for me i have been diagnosed with possible bipolar and depression, unemployed. Maybe that was part of the fighting, i do grieve my family life sometimes.

2. Mr. I am somebody too

I think that first paragraph underestimates the term chronically negative, and also how a person like that can eat away at your bone marrow! and also the label of bitching is just a more illustrative description of the consistant all the time complaining, I’m so sick and tired of people always putting all the responsibility on the husband to see his wife through her consistent inability to adapt to life situations. She very well has a responsibility as well to try to keep him happy just as much as he has to keep her happy, through this sometimes miserable situation that we call life. My wife of 7 years has fit the same description as above, no matter how patient I am, no matter what kind of Finance we’ve got, no matter how kind I am, no matter how sensitive I am, no matter how loving I am, no matter how faithful I am, no matter how much interest I show, no matter how attentive I am, and yes no matter how good the sex is, she always has her lip stuck out about . She’s consistently insecure to a point that I can’t go anywhere without a full investigation ” and no I have never cheated”. It sucks to have a person like that in Anyones life. my suggestion to women who fit this description, is that if you have a man, who is willing to be patient with you through your dilemmas, is to meet him halfway and show him rewards for his working with you, in other words if he’s giving you 30 percent effort you give him 30 percent results and so on. I hate to sound so insensitive, but ladies yes the Bible says you are the weaker vessel, but your husband is human as well and has needs as well, if he has to fight through feelings to keep a better relationship so do you! forgive me if I have stepped on any toes.

1. ted bridges

thank you for your understanding of a bad situation. i am to tired of the blame being put on the husband. i am a good man and faithful husband. my wife was the cheater at one time and also a constant downer for life. i forgave her and i have also made changes in my life because she says she needed more help or i wasn’t doing enough to help her. she is happy for maybe 1 weeek after i put another change in my life to supposedly help her, then it is back to business as usual. no matter what i do she is going to be this way. i am constantly under investigation and that alone is working on my attitiude and possibly my relationship with my wife. i am doing nothing wrong and have never done nothing wrong. i am not a perfect man but i do not do things that hurt or should cause any kind of doubt in my wifes thinking about me but she does it anyways. i have shared my feelings about how this is making me feel and what it could do to our marraige if it does not stop. but of course i am even more of a jerk for being honest about it. the whole situation gets turned towards me as soon as i fight back like i started the whole bad situation whatever day it seems to fall on. everyone i know tells me to leave her and be happy again. the funny thing about all of this is my wife is constantly saying i miss the old you and why are you so unhappy. does she not see it? or is it to play with my head even more.

thanks for understanding

3. John

Yeah, sounds like a woman wrote this. Looks like its a give and take but seems like tge ultimate problem it the male it this situation. Have to say that this is the worst advise ever. Nothing in a relationship is ever one sided.maybe the woman is generally just a “bitch”. Stop making everything politically correct. After contacting my wife’s ex’s i have found that she has never been happy. And the word bitch has been used alot.and non of them ever got dumped. Sge enjoys belittling men. Period.

4. Laki

Maybe the husband gets the blame because he’s not supportive. Seems like all of you could give a f*ck less if your wife is happy. If she raises your kids, cleans your house and deals with your bullshit then I think you can suck it up and actually care about what she’s complaining about. Chances are its not you. Don’t take shit so personally. Definitely don’t say she’s bitching constantly or she will continue to bitch more because that’s what you then deserve for being unsupportive and rude. If you aren’t happy then leave.

5. Jimmy white

You don’t get it, if you care for someone that has a problem and lives in the past, you are stuck. My wife is ok, she just gets mean when she drinks and starts to analyze the relationship through beer bottle glasses. It’s not that we aren’t being supportive, it’s that you can’t fix something that is bottled up in someone that thinks everyone else has a problem.